If flying into Tortola, you fly into San Juan, Puerto Rico via jet and catch a regional airline to Tortola - BVI (airport code EIS).
The current primary carriers into Tortola are Cape Air and Seaborne from San Juan and and LIAT from St. Martin and Antigua. It is a short 40 minute flight from each to Tortola's Beef Island Airport.
American, Delta, and Jet Blue make frequent flights to San Juan from most major hubs in the USA.
SEABORNE Airlines www.SeaborneAirlines.com and Cape Air Airlines www.capeair.com are code shared with the major airlines. The prices I have seen for the stand alone flight from San Juan range from $220 to $400 round trip.
Arrivals from San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) into Beef Island, Tortola (EIS):
Departures from Tortola:
- Cape Air Flight 9K4691 departs San Juan 1:10pm
- Cape Air Flight 9K4511 departs San Juan 2:50pm
- Cape Air Flight 9K4571 departs San Juan 6:13pm
- Seaborne Flight BB4510 departs San Juan 10:00am
- Seaborne Flight BB4514 departs San Juan 2:10pm
Cape Air and Seaborne have multiple morning flights. Please consider leaving earlier rather than later as if there is a missed flight or delay (i.e. afternoon thunderstorms), having more time in the day is very beneficial to a smooth return home.
- Cape Air Flight 9K4401 departs Tortola at 7:30am
- Cape Air Flight 9K4461 departs Tortola at 10:17am
- Cape Air Flight 9K4541 departs Tortola at 2:30pm
- Seaborne Flight BB4510 departs Tortola at 10:15am
- Seaborne Flight BB4514 departs Tortola at 3:25pm